Tired of using harsh cleaners on the tiles and grouts of your kitchen and bathroom? Make your own DIY with the natural ingredients present in your kitchen. Yes, there is no need to spend a penny on the products like chlorine, bleach, and expensive cleaners anymore. Tile and grout cleaning can be done in a natural way using non-toxic products. Whether you use artificial or natural products, it’s important to have your hands-on the technique and approach to be used in tile and grout cleaning.
It’s highly recommended to abandon the use of the bleach because it not only dulls the color of the tiles but is more hazardous to your health. According to the research, bleach causes the respiratory problems and infections in kids. Hence, it is very important to stop the usage of this harmful product and adopt greener ways for the household tasks. Find the natural ingredients listed below that can help you keep the house clean and shiny with zero adverse effects.
Natural Ingredients that can do to wonders in terms of Tile and Grout Cleaning
In case of light cleanings, such as removal of water spots and dust from the grouts, a gentle scrubbing of baking soda can do the job.
- Step 1: Put the damp sponge into pure baking soda.
- Step 2: Scrub the sponge against the tiles and grouts of the kitchen or bathroom.
- Step 3: Wipe the mixture off with warm water
Vinegar is one of the most effective natural cleaners and works best in cleaning the hard surfaces as well. Mild acid present in vinegar cuts down the grease and other hard stains. The acidic nature of the vinegar prevents the growth of bacteria and fungi. It does a great work of removing the water spots, soap scums and more.
- Step 1: Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in the bottle.
- Step 2: Spray the mixture onto the tiles and grouts.
- Step 3: Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes and then scrub it off with a sponge.
You may add the baking soda to the vinegar to get rid of tough and stubborn stains.
Salt, a basic ingredient can help you clean and kill the single-celled organisms like mold and keep the place hygienic. The area around the mold should be kept wet when you apply the salt.
- Step 1: Rub the tiles and grouts around mold with a damp cloth and then sprinkle the salt.
- Step 2: Scrub the salt in grouts.
- Step 3: Leave overnight for the best results.
- Step 4: Clean it off in the morning.
Hydrogen Peroxide is one of the best natural cleaners that never disappoints. When none of the cleaners works on the tough stains, hydrogen peroxide is all you need. It’s an outstanding whitening agent that also helps in cutting down the fungus.
- Step 1: Combine hydrogen peroxide with white flour and make a thick paste.
- Step 2: Apply the paste to the tiled area and cover it with a plastic wrap.
- Step 3: Let the mixture sit overnight.
- Step 4: Rinse thoroughly with the cold water.
Borax, a naturally occurring mineral does a perfect job of tiles and grout cleaning. It is highly alkaline in nature and offers a disinfecting and deodorizing environment.
- Step 1: Dip the damp sponge into the borax.
- Step 2: Scrub the sponge against the tiled area.
- Step 3: Rinse the mixture thoroughly.
These are the ingredients you can use as the alternative of toxic cleaners available in the market. And in case, you have shortage of time and but want to clean the house naturally, then you can contact Squeaky Clean Tile and Grout on the toll-free number and get the instant help.