In most of the bathroom tiles, fungus growth happens if the air is not supplied properly to the bathtub or areas near the bathtubs. Here are some of the simple steps that will help you bring back your showroom condition.
Part One of Two: clear out the tile surfaces
- Start cleaning the tile surface properly by using the right product which is advised by the manufacturer or tile cleaning professional.
- Scrub with a roughrag. Pay more attention to the bottom section as it is the important place where the fungus forms easily. scrape the joints
- While doing this process, you must wrap the drain. Cautiously collect each joint using the diamond carbide scrap. Be careful will cleaning as it may slip and leaves permanent scratch marks. Keep the entire surface wet while you start the cleaning process.
- Use hot water to scrap the grout if it is too hard.
- Eliminate the caulking by using the plastic scraper. While doing this step avoid using metal and scrappers as they may graze the enamel of the shower tub.
Part Two ofTwo: – Applying the Grout
- Rinse the surface clearly, and wipe it with a clean and dry towel. Mix the grout thoroughly until it turns into a creamy consistency.
- Use a rubber float and apply the grout in all the directions of the tile. At first,you should start applying the grout in a smaller section of the Tile so that the grout remains flexible.
- Ensure that the grout is packed tightly as air should not enter in. leave it for twenty minutes to an hour so that the grout dries completely.
- Use the sponge to wipe the surface completely. Make sure that the tile surface and joints are clean and neat. Soak the sponge and rinse it frequently to avoid infiltration.
- Allow it for at least twenty minutes or an hour, let it dry completely. Use the rubber glove to get best results while cleaning as it will clean the surface properly and not damage your hands.
- Dry the Tile and Grout surface and make sure that the surface is completely dry, it should not look misty. Polish or whip the tiles using a rag, or you may even use an old shirt for polishing.
- Make sure that you don’t apply more force on the joints and in case there is a stubborn spot on the surface of the tiles, then you can scrap it off with the help of a synthetic scraper.
- Wear gloves and mask for being safe
- Prepare the tile surface properly while you start applying the caulking to make sure the surface is clean and dry. Most of the caulking won’t stick on to the oily or on the wet surface.
- Start applying silicon or vinyl caulking to the tub rim to keep the area water light. Clean the tap handle, tub spout, and run over as per your own convenience.
- Apply the sealant. Let the grout to dry for at least seven days, and then finally you have to carefully follow the manufacturer’s instruction while applying the tile sealant.